Founded in 1993 and acquired by Braemar in 1997, Braemar Wavespec is part of the Braemar Shipping Services PLC.
Braemar Shipping Services is a leading international provider of shipbroking, financial, engineering and logistics services to the shipping, marine, energy, and offshore industries.
As part of the Braemar Shipping Services PLC, Braemar Wavespec has a significant international presence within the three (3) regional hub offices – London – Singapore – Houston, and satellite offices located worldwide in both established and emerging markets.
As a highlight, Braemar Wavespec have been involved in the construction of well over 100 gas Carriers, predominantly LNG Carriers (LNGCs) built in Asia.
Over the course of these projects, Braemar has developed a successful approach for planning projects, utilization, and management of internal staff, recruitment, and management of contract staff (individuals and companies), oversight of third-party contractors and fabricators, and liaison with regulatory bodies for approvals and certification.
Historical Braemar Wavespec LNG Clients include:
Owners, Developers, and Operators of LNG Facilities, including:
- Several existing and proposed Western Hemisphere LNG Export facilities;
- Over ¾ of the US LNG onshore import facilities;
- Several Floating, Storage and Regasification Units (FSRU);
- Over ¾ of the North American LNG Peakshaving Storage Facilities;
- Over ½ of the proposed Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) approved US LNG Import Facilities, and
- Several International LNG Regasification, LNG Import, Land-based LNG and Floating (FLNG) Liquefaction Export Facilities.
- Liquefied gas carrier Owners and Operators
- Investors looking to purchase or partner in LNG Facilities, LNG Technologies, LNG Ships, etc.
- Project Developers who need LNG specialists as an extension of their team in preparing designs, construction contracts, and regulatory permits
- Regulatory Agencies support (3rd Party Verification)
- Government Agencies support (3rd Party Verification)
- Legal Representatives of Owners of LNG and Facilities involved in Accident Investigations
- LNG Shippers
- International Shipyards design and construction oversight support
- EPC Contractors that need LNG specialists as an extension of their team in preparing designs, construction contracts, and regulatory permits
Our vision & values
Across the Braemar group our vision is to build scale and enhance our service to clients by using the strength of our brand, balance sheet and stock market listing.